Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"...But you took that end, and...well, you TOOK it. And I guess that's somethin'." (Smallish Post 3)

I don't feel I do anything well. Still, if God can make our weaknesses strong, perhaps I can still be useful in working with machines. I can't paint, but I can develop software to help true artists express their feelings to large Internet audiences. I can't communicate well, but I can build databases so that people have more access to the words of those who can. I'm not a "spiritual giant," but I can still develop tools to help those who are effective at preaching the gospel and good principles. I'm certainly not the best developer, but what skills I have can still be made to bless others, and I suppose that's enough.

2 comments:

DVX said...

The title to this post is from the canceled TV show Firefly. If you don't know of it, I highly recommend checking it out. There are a lot of quotable nuggets of folk wisdom there.

Adam W said...

Head over to http://www.hulu.com/firefly to see Firefly via the Internet, free and legally! Or, buy the DVDs. I bought the DVDs. :)

Make sure to watch Serenity as well.