Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bigotry at Berkeley (Current Event 2)

Although I enjoyed Cliff Stoll's "The Cuckoo's Egg," I encountered a blind, anti-authority attitude described in Berkeley that I found very disturbing. In the article below, I find that the liberal bigotry of Berkeley is as strong now as it was when Stoll's hacker-hunt was going on. As they passionately hated the military then, so do they hate the Marines now; they treat them as if they are an undesirable, inhuman pestilence. It is disappointing to compare the America of today with the America of my grandfather's time. Why is it that the (I hope) few have the loudest voice? How can people choose to use their freedoms to attack those that would guarantee them? Why are the mistakes of a few used to judge the rightness or wrongness of a nation? To me, these protests at Berkeley typify the rabid dogmatism of the political left and their unwillingness to consider the true greater good of all; these people want their "rights" with no responsibilities.

Berkeley Council Backs Off Marine Action

No comments: